Logo Hinkler Podiatry

Reactive Arthritis


Inflammation, heel pain and bone spurs are found in patients with Reactive Arthritis.

How did I get this?

Reactive Arthritis is caused by an infection which may also affect the eyes and urinary tract.

What can I do about it?

Anti – inflammatory pain medication will give some relief, but you will require medical attention

What help can I get for this?

Your doctor may order blood tests and prescribe antibiotics, anti-inflammatories and immunosuppressants.
Your podiatrist will help with footwear advice and modification, insoles and orthotics to reduce load on the painful areas.

When will it get better?

Managing the symptoms may provide fast relief, but treatment may take weeks to eradicate the infection and settle inflammation.