- Bulging discs in your lower spine can press on the nerves that supply your feet, causing you to feel pain in your heels.
How did I get this?
- A previous back injury or wear and tear arthritis or bone spurs in the lower back.
- It is more common in the 40-60 age group, golfers and dancers.
What can I do about it?
- Avoid activities or movements which cause the pain.
What help can I get for this?
- Your doctor may arrange scans of your lower spine, and pain relief medication
- Exercises for postural correction
- A Pain clinic may help with epidural injections.
- Surgery may be required to attend to the spinal problem.
When will it get better?
- Pain relief medication should give fast relief.
- Exercises and postural correction may take some weeks to improve.